Those little chinese compressors...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Externet

Contributor
Reaction score
Those $200 + shipping; has anyone tried one ? Would they last to fill 100 tanks ?

Somewhere browsing their instructions I read they use plain motor oil :eek: What is the deal with that ? Are their pistons not lubricated ? The compressor I had used Mil-6085A (or something like that) oil.

Did you calculate how many hours one would have to run to fill 100 tanks?

Did not find clear specifications for those. From guessing, about 2 hours each tank ? A couple a week... Could it survive a year ?

Did not find clear specifications for those. From guessing, about 2 hours each tank ? A couple a week... Could it survive a year ?
my 2hp takes an hour. I'm thinking much longer.

I have been getting mixed reviews from owners. Many have failed or needed some machining right out of the box. A couple have blown apart for no apparent reason. I have only been involved because they don't come with a filtration system and the owners are tired of crapping up their $1000 air guns. So they are asking me to provide them with a solution. I find it kind of silly to put a $400 filtration system on a $200 compressor but I do what I have to do!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom