? re buying/selling used regulators.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Several of us on SB have a hobby/habit of buying, rebuilding, and selling our favorite regulator make and models. My question is for those of you who consider buying used regulators. What is your preference?
Buy stages independently.
Buy 1 first and 1 second stage.
Buy 1 first stage, and 2 second stages.
Buy a first stage, 2 second stages, and an SPG
Other combination.

TIA,

Couv

Depends on how rec or tech the buyer is.

more Rec is usually closer to the bottom of your list
more Tech is usually closer to the top of your list

Off the top of my head, overall, I would say they sell (quickest first) as B,D,A,C

The most common questions I get are probably-

How old?
How many dives?
Last service?

The easiest regs to sell are usually the prettiest and newest models.

@couv, I would be interested in a first, 2 seconds, and spg. Send me a pm with what you got. Dont worry @guruboy I am selling the legend, not just buying more regs.

I would be interested in a first, 2 seconds, and spg.

This is the time of the year where I usually, buy & rebuild. Normally, I sell when it gets warmer. However I do have some completed sets and others I can get to work on. I'll send you a PM shortly.

Couv

Couv, I typically find that folks would prefer to have a reg and two second stages. About half of those I rebuilt this past year fell into that category. However, what brand that backup second stage makes difference. Most want a matching brand. Rarely do I get asked about gauges.

You still have too many after selling the legend

You can not have to many regs, it is not possible. ;-)

There is acctualy two different mathematical formulas for how many regs that is the right amount.

The first one is simply. x=n+1 Where n is the number of regs you got right now and x is the correct number to have.

If you got a spouse there is a compeeting formula, x=o-1 where o is the number of regs that would lead to a breakup from your spouse.

;-)

People buying used regulators rarely want complete set. Most want to compile a set that they believe to be the perfect combination. I hope you all do sell them in sets because I will get them cheap, keep the piece I want and sell the rest for enough to get my regulator for free. You never have to pay for used regulators if you are willing to put a little effort into online sales. That said, If you don't diy service then you are better off buying a set of regulators from couv.

Since I mostly buy stuff on ebay, I end up buying a set in order to get the stage I want, then "think" about selling the stages I don't plan to use. I'd love to buy individual stages though. I'm fond of MK17s, which don't come up too often, so I'm thinking of titans or conshelfs. I'll PM you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom