Belize Newbs, March 2018, Options for 2 Divers, 2 Not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All good info. I'll have to see if everyone's schedules work for a later trip. Saving money works for me!

April is great weather-wise. Between March to May and November to December would be the driest, least active weather.

July particularly and up to September/October as well as January/February are the rainier times in Belize/Roatan.

I haven't been to Caye Caulker so I can't speak to the comparison.

We did a 2-week exploratory visit to Caye Caulker in April and enjoyed the experience so much, we went home to CT, sold our house and all our belongings and moved here on September 30. While I do agree with Ayisha that April is great weather wise (it can get rather warm though, we had days in the 90's on our visit), however, the "rainy season" for Caye Caulker is primarily the months of October & November. And as previously mentioned, outside of the "rainy season" the majority of the rain that does fall, does so at night, leaving the daytime available for diving and other activities.

If you are planning to come to Caye Caulker for this trip, I would recommend Black Durgon Dives ( Black Durgon Dives || ...for time under water! ) for your diving needs. Simeon & Cory and their staff will take great care of you. They do small group trips which really allow you to enjoy your dives and have some freedom in doing so. They do not don't do the Blue Hole as a rule, however they might consider it for a group request. If not, they will subcontract you to one of the other small group dive guides on the island.

If you decide to do this trip, and decide to do it on Caye Caulker, PM me, maybe we can get together for a Beliken (or more) while you're here :wink:

We did a 2-week exploratory visit to Caye Caulker in April and enjoyed the experience so much, we went home to CT, sold our house and all our belongings and moved here on September 30. While I do agree with Ayisha that April is great weather wise (it can get rather warm though, we had days in the 90's on our visit), however, the "rainy season" for Caye Caulker is primarily the months of October & November. And as previously mentioned, outside of the "rainy season" the majority of the rain that does fall, does so at night, leaving the daytime available for diving and other activities.

If you are planning to come to Caye Caulker for this trip, I would recommend Black Durgon Dives ( Black Durgon Dives || ...for time under water! ) for your diving needs. Simeon & Cory and their staff will take great care of you. They do small group trips which really allow you to enjoy your dives and have some freedom in doing so. They do not don't do the Blue Hole as a rule, however they might consider it for a group request. If not, they will subcontract you to one of the other small group dive guides on the island.

If you decide to do this trip, and decide to do it on Caye Caulker, PM me, maybe we can get together for a Beliken (or more) while you're here :wink:

That sounds good. Still working out the details. This was a lot easier when all we had to do was schedule around my work. LOL Now, I've 4 adults with different work/vacation schedules.

On the topic you started your post about, may I PM you about your move to Belize? I'm a few years from retirement but am looking at some different options than just rotting in place.

...On the topic you started your post about, may I PM you about your move to Belize? I'm a few years from retirement but am looking at some different options than just rotting in place.

Absolutely, I'd be happy to discuss our move.

Also, another recommendation for your visit. For a fun day with the non-divers, book a full day (lunch on-board included) snorkel tour with Carlos Tours. $70US/person on a large catamaran...definitely a good deal and day! He dock his cat (Gypsy Queen) right in front of the condos you'll be staying in

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom