Collectors of Double Hose and Single hose Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divedivediver

Registered
Reaction score
I will be selling my collection of regulators. Although I would consider selling them one at a time, I would prefer selling all in one lot of the complete, and partially complete regulators I have.

I am opening this post to see if this board can make a recommendation as to identify serious collectors who are willing to purchase the lot complete. I am going to dig it out soon, take pictures and start an inventory. Its been in storage in my basement for for over 20 years. I do remember that it had about 15-20 complete regulators, lots of parts, hoses and cover and bodies. It includes lots of USD, a few NorthHill, Healthways, a Spaco, quite a few single hose regs, and some odds and ends in gauges and some memorabilia from the 50th anniversary of DEMA including the official invitation.

So, let me know who is out there that might be interested. Located in Ct.

Guys - Very much appreciate your patience and understanding as I waded through all of this gear. I am sure you can understand that I prefer to sell this as a lot. If I have to sell the individual pieces and go through that effort, I will post them on ebay and get the market rate. I know there is a lot of gear here and some pretty rare and not so rare items.

I am also not looking to create this into an auction. I would appreciate the dialog that goes with a post like this. Honestly I have not followed the vintage gear market in decades so I am interested in your comments of value, rarity and cool to see. In fact, there is a very cool gauge I have from SOS called the data Sphere - I have never seen another one like it and its a ball that the two halves open up to reveal the pressure and depth gauges. There is the Spaco, the Northhills, Voits, Healthways lots of USD's. I love the Dacor's too.

If you are serious about purchasing the lot, please send me a PM, we can open up a dialog, talk on the phone if needed to better understand what I have and go from there.

I have uploaded an excel file with the inventory and added a link to images. Hope this helps a bit. Again, Thanks for your patience and hope this collection of gear finds the right home.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ucLlqcfeHiNCjUQw2

Attachments

• Scuba inventory Dec 2017 posted file.xlsx
    12.3 KB · Views: 217
@divedivediver

Twenty five years ago we established the American division of the Historical Diving Society, I was on the founding BoD and the first and only "Director of Sport diving."

We had numerous discussions about "barn finds" as they are refreed to in the automotive community, but so far as I know have no name in the diving community, other than "coming out of the wood work. " -- and your collection certainly did come out of the wood work..

I also am also faced with "collection disposal" I have uncountable regulators and parts as well as the largest personal dive library in the US.

I extremely fortunate that my dear wife has a doctorate from USC in finance and is very well acquainted with donation and tax deductions. Therefore, I have been donating items piece meal to the local non profit marine center as a tax deduction and a display which will be seen and admired by many for years in the future ...This is one route to investigate and evaluate - effort , time and tax credit ...Often as much or more as high retail value.-- and your name will be displayed forever on your donation..

Library ? Books? If you have any they may or may not be problem . I had intended to locate a well established university library and donate the collection in its entirety. The late Andy Rechnitzer. who along with Connie Limbaugh was the instructor for the individuals who established the LA County UW Instructors program had a huge collection he donated to Scripps (SIO) library - most like my library rare and out of print books, Two weeks later he walked in to find his books on a table with a sign "Free Books ..." The librarian indicated lack of storage space !

A good reference library is often as variable or in some cases more valuable that the item- If the item cannot be identified as to make model year and purpose as I often stated to my dear friend Nic Icorn the item is considered diving junk

My library will go to my son, Dr, Sam IV who is certainly qualified to own it and use it...If you have a library ?? donation or E bay !

There is one individual who has indicated some interest in you collection who maintains a dive museum which you may want to chat with

I sincerely hope this is some assistance to you

The sun is up the weather is very warm in CenCal so it is off to the beach with Lucky, the dog

Cheers

Sam Miller, 111

Last edited:
Hello - and thank you for all the interest and private messages. I have made some slight changes/additions. By request, I have added three more Spaco pictures to the photo book. Additionally, I removed for sale the Dacor R-4 and replaced it with a very nice condition DA Aquamaster with serial number 260512. Here is the updated inventory file.

Attachments

• Scuba inventory Dec 2017 posted file.xlsx
    12.5 KB · Views: 201
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom