Pernicious Pop up ad Pests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty challenging on my neck of the woods too. This pesky ad business is a showstopper. I hope it’s controlled soon.

Here is what I see every time now. Relentless ad. Frustrating to say the least.

I don’t see how this type of spamming approach helps the cause. Not sure how to get this resolved.

2C7AC978-F635-4625-80D9-994628FA77F5.png

Still happening
Pete was referring to a specific ad from Dive Right in Scuba, that I created for them, which I resolved the issue. Beyond that I'm not working on anything. If you are having problems I'd suggest you post in site support (this is the feedback forum), or email support@scubaboard.com hopefully that will do something for you.

Here is what I see every time now. Relentless ad. Frustrating to say the least.

I don’t see how this type of spamming approach helps the cause. Not sure how to get this resolved.

View attachment 437838
My advice to you... Check your iPad for malware or some kind of spyware. This isn't necessarily a virus, but it's some kind of other application. There are no ads on ScubaBoard that should cause that.

My advice to you... Check your iPad for malware or some kind of spyware. This isn't necessarily a virus, but it's some kind of other application. There are no ads on ScubaBoard that should cause that.

It is phishing adware, it only occurs on this board, and only when Java is enabled.

Everything I have read indicates it is tied to an ad on the site it pops up on.

It is phishing adware, it only occurs on this board, and only when Java is enabled.

Everything I have read indicates it is tied to an ad on the site it pops up on.
. How can it be resolved?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom