No more parts for life?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I would avoid buying anything with the "Z" name on it if the new company is going to treat customers like that.

The people who have dutifully kept the annual service agreement up to date are probably some of their best and most loyal customers - if they "don't know yet" if they are going to screw these people, why deal with the company when there are so many other more recognized brands on the market?

Thez, Dive Gear Express sells Zeagle service parts kits and you've been trained to service regs. :wink:
Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

:cool2:

I think I would avoid buying anything with the "Z" name on it if the new company is going to treat customers like that.

The people who have dutifully kept the annual service agreement up to date are probably some of their best and most loyal customers - if they "don't know yet" if they are going to screw these people, why deal with the company when there are so many other more recognized brands on the market?

I assume people are reading that between the lines of this thread.

Dacor was a good reg before the company was bought out.

Bob

Months later, still no post from a 'Zeagle' Rep? Should this thread get moved to a Huish subforum?

You could restart the thread in another area. Seriously though, regs do not need serviced every year if they are taken care of. 2, 3, even 4 years they may go. I service mine when they need it.

I just contacted my service-person from last year, and apparently there are no parts of life warranties any more? I bought them under the assumption I would have parts for life, when serviced every year, so I don't understand how that can just be removed. I didn't agree to not receiving parts any more.

I guess I'm not going to bother getting my regs serviced every year any more.

What happened?
I had the same problem at my scubapro dealer with a recent service. They just flatly refused to honor the parts for life program. Claimed they called scubapro on my behalf etc..

Apparently this problem is systemic across the scuba industry.

I had been thinking of switching to Atomic as a result, but I guess Huish and Johnson seem to be cut from the same cloth.

the policy was that you could buy parts freely from their dealers iirc. not buying parts directly from zeagle. i have ordered parts in the past to fix up a set of 50d/zx regs from dgx

When I had my regs serviced last April, I had to pay for the parts. Just heard from my dive shop that the Parts For Life program is back. Haven't confirmed as my regs aren't due yet, but I have no reason to doubt my LDS. This would certainly be good news.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom