Gear tips for short guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well I am shorter than you actually I found fourthelement is very size friendly for us I have my wet suit with 8s, also have my boots with BA size 4,(my feet is EU34) which can allowed me to fitted in to L jetfin

well I am shorter than you actually I found fourthelement is very size friendly for us I

I REALLY like my Thermocline long sleeve top that I wear with my Apeks shorts. At 5'6" shorties are to long for me! But the combination of a top quality top and shorts work extremely well for me!

The added bonus is that I wear the shorts over my wetsuits.

Good luck

GJS

I, too, am vertically challenged. Off the shelf dry suits just don't work for me, so I have a custom made suit. I also have a 3 mm wetsuit that I use when in Cozumel, it was off the rack - just lucky that it fit.

I find an 80 cu ft tank to be big as well, so I normally use a 63 cu ft tank. Provides enough air for up to 60 minutes of bottom time (depending on depth). As most of our local diving is shore access, it is easier with a 63. I used a 50 cu ft for a number of years, but found the bottom times we just too short. The only time I use an 80 cu ft tank now is when I am boat diving in Cozumel - get nice long bottom times without going to a 100 cu ft or larger.

Divegoose

I bought a wetsuit of the rack (3mm) that fit in the chest and arms (I'm 5'6'' 46 chest). I took it to a seamstress and she shorten the arms and legs for me. cost me an additional $30.

I'm about your height as well.

Fourth element makes wetsuits in many sizes, and their 6.5mm pelagic boots let me fit into larger fins than what my feet normally should.

Regular backplates, harness, and wings pose no comfort/sizing issue to me.

I own shorter tanks (10.5L faber) that don't hang past my bum like the longer ones. I have an issue with the regulator first stage blocking my head though.

I dive a 7" long hose and the amount of hose I have to loop in my waistband is pretty ridiculous.

Drysuit wrist and neck cuffs are ridiculously big for me, I wish Sitech makes an S size option!

Back
Top Bottom