What is this stage thing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWZen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Letting a playlist of dive videos roll on my side monitor while I count down the days until I can get back in the water, and this one came up. Some incredible footage of a cave in Mexico.

I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on what the third 'stage' bottle/tube is the diver is carrying might be? Clearly not a SM re-breather. My first thought was a dry storage tube, but what would you need to bring into the cave? Maybe some kind of redundant equipment for the scooters?

Thanks WetRocks! I would never have guessed. The diver already has two right-side hip canisters. I've seen some of the Halcyon video light cans and they don't seem much bigger than an average large modern canister light.

I really appreciate these higher quality dive videos, especially in cavesI especially like that in this video they have a number of shots where the video lights get cycled off so you see how much more well lit the cave is in the video vs during an actual dive.

So would most of the impressive wide angle lighting you see here be done by the diver with this big battery?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom