Bali in February, any recommendation for dive shop and hotels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flying Chicken

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all, new the forum but have been watch the postings for several years. My family of 4 is heading to Bali in February. We are all NAUI Scuba Divers with about 40 dives under our belts. Does anyone has any recommendation for dive shops and accommodations?

Flying Chicken......Let's try to get some advice from others that have visited Indonesia often. I have been there just last year but before we can give you some advice how long do you plan on being in Indo? Are you wanting to stay on the mainland or visit one of the nearby islands by ferry/short flight? Also what do you hope to see.....mantas, or small stuff like nudibranchs?

My family of 4

I'm guessing safety is top priority. Suggest www.baliscuba.com. They go the extra mile and have all the latest safety equipment and a ton of experience.

Enjoy.

You’ll have to stay tuned on developments around Mount Agung as this would at the least determine whether Tulamben and Amed are possible.
Underwater Tribe, based in Sanur, did a fine job hosting us for a bit of diving in 2016. They would arrange accommodation for you as well. On a previous trip, liked Blue Corner Dive on Nusa Lembongan.

Hey there,
Just dropping this message here to say hello and introduce ourselves. Considering your trip will be a family one, certainly we can look at our special accommodation packages as well.

We got hotel and resort partners all around Bali with whom we've set up diving + accommodation packages.

With respect and appreciation,
Julian

FT:
You’ll have to stay tuned on developments around Mount Agung as this would at the least determine whether Tulamben and Amed are possible.
Underwater Tribe, based in Sanur, did a fine job hosting us for a bit of diving in 2016. They would arrange accommodation for you as well. On a previous trip, liked Blue Corner Dive on Nusa Lembongan.
We definitely keep an eye on the volcano. Thank you for the advice, we will check out Underwater Tribe. Thank you FT.

I like Geko diving in Padang Bai.

Newer divers (or any divers) might want to start with Amed where much of the diving is like a bathtub. There are such sites in Padang Bai as well, but not as many.

- Bill

I can recommend Villa Alba and Dive centre, run by Alex and his wife Jessica (They may have changed the name to Alba Diving.

The have now a couple of locations, their first is at Tulamben and they've just taken on a new property at Sanur

I've stayed with them and have the highest respect for them.

Even though Alex is Scottish he's set up 2 emergency O2 stations in Tulamben near the liberty for use by anyone, he also maintains them free of charge for the diving community because that the kind of guy he is

They are a RAID shop and also host technical divers with a purpose built facility to support re breathers and the like

Even though Alex is Scottish he's set up 2 emergency O2 stations in Tulamben near the liberty for use by anyone

Haha ... good British joke in there in case any of the non-Brits on the board missed it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom