Bare Evoke Wetsuit Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a lot more than 12 dives on mine, but the pilling on mine is on the inside and it is not comfortable... rash guard helps. It has also gotten stretched out a bit(but that started right away)... fills with water too much so I look pretty funny when I get on the boat. Hopefully your suit will hold up!

Mine is not piling on the inside at all. Mine has stretched out a bit just so it's somewhat easier to get into. I have to "suck it in" when my buddy zips me up, so it fits pretty closely.

I have the Evoke 3mm and a 5mm. I am happy with the warmth of these suits. But I am finding the 3mm is rather difficult to put on - with the rubber lining on the inside of the arms and legs.

Does anyone have suggestions to make the process of getting into it easier and quicker?

I just bought the 5mm, but didn't notice it being more difficult than other suits to get on - love the zippers on the legs. I always wear lycra socks - that helps a LOT with the legs...

@Diver LP

Spraying yourself with a diluted solution of baby shampoo and water works well. I used that until my 5mm was broken in. Needed it for the arms, legs not so much.

My 5mm is holding up really well. Think I've probably got 30-40 dives on it.

I picked up a Reactive 5mm yesterday. I'm going to try to get to a spring tomorrow to give it a spin.

I purchased the Bare Evoke 3mm last year and my husband the male equivalent. This is our experience.

First off, we have always loved Bare suits (we both own several) and found them to fit well and last incredibly well, however for these, the latter not so much. They started wearing at the wrist and leg cuffs and both now have jagged holes. The lining inside started to rip and then just gave way. I contacted Bare to see if there was a way to repair but they didn’t bother to get back to me.

All in all they have the potential to be great suits and yes keep us warm but doubt we will get too many more dives out of them before the cuffs completely disintegrate. I doubt either have more than 30-40 dives on them. We do dive for a living so not too impressed that now our suits look like something we got out of a salvage bin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom