Dive Condition Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twin Lakes, 8 Oct. 41' dive, 32 mins. Not sure I've ever been that deep at Twin Lakes before. 73 degrees at depth.

For all intents and purposes, it was a night dive at 9:00 am on a bright sunny day. o_O Hard to imagine, but there's a really dark murk layer at the top of the lake because of Harvey-related churning. Below 10' it's pitch black. I was really glad my dive buddy mentioned bringing dive lights because that was the only way he and I had any chance of finding each other underwater. Viz at depth was about 5'.

Rig 393B - Sunday 15 oct 2017

Temp 83, vis 60 ft plus, mild current. The effects of Harvey seem to have diminished with respect to the normal high current fresh water layer. Again that might also have to do with the quarter moon.

288 Lake, 5 Nov

Water temp 72 degrees, 5-7' of viz. Enough sunlight penetration at depth that we didn't need dive lights.

Twin Lakes, 19 Nov
Temp 68 degrees, viz 6 inches in the good spots.

The owner came to chat with us as we were gearing up, mostly to check our sanity, I think. He seems pretty determined to get the viz improved before next spring.

Nice and steamy 80F here in Fort Lauderdale. :wink: Visibility of 35 feet is norm for a shore dive. What do you, guys wear now, 5 mil?

I was layered with a 3 mil and a 1 mil suit, plus a 3 mil hood and gloves. Plenty warm in that. Hopefully my drysuit will be back from repairs soon for the winter diving.

288 Lake, 2 Dec. 63 degrees, viz - 4'ish

And with that, I'm putting my dive gear away until next year.

288 Lake, 15 Apr. 64 degrees, viz - about 8' (except for the south side of the lake where it was windy. The viz there was about a foot.)

Back
Top Bottom