Considering Blue Force One In November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shocked

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

We are considering diving with blue force one (Maldives Diving liveaboard safaries - Maldives Blue Force) in late November. I searched the forum and I really only see one person mention them (and it was positive).

Any more experiences? We have dove with aggressor several times (Caribbean and Thailand) but this boat looks much nicer than the aggressor Maldives. Our number 1 priority is always safety.. and this company appears professional.. but again, any feedback from others would be great.

Typically we like the smaller (18 or less) diver configurations.. this boat is 22 max.. which I don't think will be an issue.

Any other suggestions as well? We are not looking for a budget liveaboard, but are not looking for the $8k a week boat either :)

Thanks in advance!

So, now I am thinking MV Orion. I think the pics of Blue Force one look nicer, but MV Orion requires 50+ dives and the itinerary starts with hammerheads.. which sounds like a lot of fun.

Any input is still appreciated :)

I'll be interested in this thread. We have just started looking into Maldives and have never been on a liveaboard but are also looking into Blue Force One as well as Carpe Vita Explorer & Carpe Novo Explorer (explorerventures.com).

I've been on an itinerary that had us looking for hammerhead every morning at 6 am. One day we saw a threshershark swimming away from us. That was it. Yet I went every morning because the day I didn't, would have been the day they showed up. Know what I mean? :)

In any event, what I'm saying is just because the itinerary says hammerhead dive, doesn't mean the hammerheads are following the itinerary.

I've been on an itinerary that had us looking for hammerhead every morning at 6 am. One day we saw a threshershark swimming away from us. That was it. Yet I went every morning because the day I didn't, would have been the day they showed up. Know what I mean? :)

In any event, what I'm saying is just because the itinerary says hammerhead dive, doesn't mean the hammerheads are following the itinerary.

You are 100% correct. I should have been more clear, Orion did tell me that there is a good possibility we will not see hammerheads. They were not guaranteeing anything :)

Good, glad you prepared. I hope you are happily surprised in the end! :)

im doing Blue Force One in January 2018. i'll update this thread when i return... unless i quit my job to work in a diveshop there.

Back
Top Bottom