Galileo Luna question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowDrag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Luna that I have used on about 100 dives. When I first got it, I could press both outer buttons and the entire screen would light up to show all the different icons and such. I have replaced the battery once in the Luna and once in the transmitter. I did test the transmitter battery after changing it only to find that it is at full power. I have been trying to pair the Luna and transmitter again but it wont do what it is says it is supposed to do in the manual. Should I send it in to be checked or might I be missing something when trying to re-pair the units?

Thanks,
LD

I'm not sure that I completely understand your post. In any case, let's see if these comments help to clarify your concerns with the Luna after performing routine battery replacements.

First: If you press both outer buttons at the same time... provided you Luna's sensors are dry... your Luna should power down.

Second: Pressing the outer right button will turn the light on. Keep in mind that the light will remain on for a few seconds. You can adjust duration of light in your settings. Please note that this right outer button also invoques the compass. One more thing, this outer right button, like the accompanying left and center buttons have more than one function, they also help you scroll through the different menus as well as change settings. If you need to go back to the main screen, press both outer buttons at the same time.

Third: Pairing the computer and transmitter requires very methodical steps. You have to follow these steps very carefully. Once they are paired, they generally stay paired.

Here is what you need to do.... step by step... very important.
1. Place your first stage onto a tank. Don't open the valve, don't pressurize the system.
2. Turn your Luna On.
3. Place your Luna, which ofcourse is powered on, immediately adjacent to, and touching the transmitter in the un-pressurized first stage.
4. Keeping them (Luna and transmitter) in contact, open the tank valve and pressurize the first stage. Don't separate your Luna from the transmitter, keep them touching each other. If you are unable to keep them in contact, you will have to start all over again.
5. If you did this correctly, your Luna will say in about 5 seconds... Pairing Tank 1. Go ahead and press the right outer button.
If you don't see a message, purge your second stage a bit, don't go overboard, but some slight purging will work just fine. Remember, keep the body of your Luna touching the transmitter.
6. After they have paired, look for a PSI reading. It should be displayed on the lower left corner.
7. If this failed, start back to step 1... make sure you fully depressurize the regulator.

Here is a link to a video. It's for the Sol, slightly better model than the Luna, but the steps are the same and the menu options discussed in the video will hold and apply with your pairing procedures.
Hope this helps you. If after 3 tries you don't succeeded, you may have to take it to a shop for service or checkup.

Ricardo

PS: These computers are exceptional, reliable and built like tanks. Don't let the pairing procedure discourage you. Once you get it paired, it should stay; however, it does not hurt to pair it before each use.

Thanks for the reply Ricardo. I did not try the purging of the 2nd stage. I will give that a try. I love my Luna but was wondering if it was time to send it for a check up.

Thanks,
LD

Another thing the Luna has been doing is not shutting off when I hold down both outside buttons. It acts like it is going to shut down then boots back up again. It is just being weird. :)

Ok. Take your Luna and give it a good wash under the faucet.

Your Luna has a water sensor located in the front of the unit... just under the main screen... it looks like 2 small silver metal pins separated by a little rectangular plastic infrared receiver. It's a small indentation right under the main screen in the front.

If there is any salt left from a previous dive anaywhere near these 2 metal pins, you won't be able to shut the Luna off when pressing the 2 outer buttons simultaneously. It will try to power down, but will wake up again.

Give it a try, rinse the sensors well and let them dry or use a towel and dry them up. If you can't power it down after this, your Luna is acting up and it's best to send it in to the shop for service.

Ricardo

@LowDrag,
Off topic, but I noticed your link to the Smoke Ring and will be looking into it here shortly.
I too enjoy it as a second hobby. I've got a pellet WoodWind that gives us wonderful results. I'm still learning, but it's truly fun, addictive and a crowd pleaser when we get it right.
Thank you for sharing.
BTW, how is your Luna doing? Did you get it to work?
Ricardo

Hi Ricardo...I have not had the chance to try cleaning the water contacts yet but I will definitely try that tonight. As for the Smoke Ring...there is definitely some good folks over there that love to cook. I have learned a lot from those guys. I will get back to you on the water contacts.

Washing the water contacts worked...now all I have to do is see if I can pair with my transmitter.

Back
Top Bottom