Anyone dive the Denver Aquarium?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Birddog1911

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The wife is treating me to a dive at the Denver Aquarium this weekend. I signed up for the shark dive, but she said that she saw some reviews that said that there are only a small number of sharks. I'm wondering if I might find the other dive, with the fish and turtles, more enjoyable. Just looking for a little input. Thanks all!

It's been several years, but I have done both.

There where lot's of sharks in the tank, but they make you site in the trench and watch. It's not to different from being on the other side of the glass. Although the sharks do like to get up close and personal.

I only snorkeled in the fish tank, but there is a lot of life and they let you do what you want. The nurse sharks like to cuddle.

I did the fish tank for my 60th Birthday. I did the fish tank because it has the best visibility for those watching. I had a lot of people there for my birthday party and the most important was my Granddaughter, who got the biggest kick out of seeing her granddad in the tank.

I've heard nothing but good things from people who've dove there.

I've volunteered at the Den.Aq. for 7+ years and have been a diver for 15+yrs, but have never dove there. I do mostly food prep and feeding for the biggest tank, called "Shipwreck" @ 400k gallons! Guess I just don't wanna pay, heh. I'd like to get my Rescue Cert. next so I can be one of the divers that do the feeding shows. That's my next goal.

There are lots of sharks, but it's difficult to call it a dive. You're required to be massively over weighted and sit on the bottom of a trench.
If I were doing it (it's crazy expensive, for such a short dive) I'd do the regular reef tank.

Back
Top Bottom