Bonaire 11/26-12/10. Prep for rainy season?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perfect timing on this post! We leave Saturday November 11th. Looks like some rain in the forecast. Actually don't mind the rain clouds too much. Much better for UW flash photography. We were there this past June...lovely ,sunny days..but the bright sunshine and white sandy dive sites proved to be a challenge for my UW photography.

I was just there Oct 28 - Nov 5. Little rain - what we had was mostly overnight and not hard, but they had severe storms before I got there. The vis has dropped to about 25 feet pretty much everywhere. It is especially bad in the double reef section between the reefs.

If you have a chance, I dove Red Beryl for the first time this trip. Especially recommended.

Lots of predictions of rain are mostly wishful thinking. It's a Dessert island they really don't get much rain.

It's not a desert island, although it is considered arid. Officially it's steppe. Nevertheless, the rain season (Oct-Nov-Dec) sees about 4 inches/100mm of rain per month. Mostly at night/early morning, and in short severe showers. Based on the amount of water coming down, that's actually similar to Maine and The Netherlands that time of year, and worse than, say, London.

Sorry to be pedantic but you guys are cracking me up.

Sugar is in dessert and sand is in the desert, but neither of those words apply in this context. A desert island is deserted or otherwise unpopulated by people. That description has nothing to do with desert-like climate conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom