Chinese diving equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have purchased two drysuits and one wetsuit. The drysuits were the best neoprene suits I have ever worn. They were custom made with quality neoprene to exact measurements. I think where they lack is minor finishing. My wetsuit was a well designed suit that did not have a string attached to the back zipper. How do you really pull it up your back if there is no rope attached to it? Well you make one yourself.

Otherwise they make really good gear.

One of the best non-commercial drones in the world is the DJI Phantom from China, and it works flawlessly, in my experience. The company captures more then 75 % of the world market, apparently.

I have quite a bit of contact with Chinese high-tech companies because of my work. In fact I just got back from China and one thing is clear, which is that there is NOTHING the Chinese can't do and most things they can't do better than Europeans or Americans. I think the average person should go to China and see how they actually do things.... it is Absolutely... Jaw... Dropping.... how much further they are than we are in the west.

I don't know if it's true, but the report indicated that the Chinese themselves are concerned about a creativity gap.

Well, I work here, and am regularly in contact with Chinese industry. I have to admit that what they are doing is impressive. And most impressive is the speed at which they are doing it.

In my fields at least, they are not going yet at the level of foreign industries, but they are catching up really really quickly.

It's true though that they are concerned about a creativity gap, but I believe that's good, that's how they keep on learning and improving, and not become complacent (as I can sometimes see in France for example). And even though they believe it, I find myself that in some industries at least, they are actually rather innovative. One just has to see how they are taking over by storm the electronics and mobile industry for example, as has been mentionned previously. Or how they come up with some really useful apps that we use everyday here, and are being exported and even copied around the world.

Some time ago I bought in the USA a Henderson Farmer John and a Neosport Shortie. Both were made in China, as far as what was written in the wetsuit label.
I've bought several minor accessories from IST. So far so good. I had only an issue with an IST swim mask that didn't fit my face.

I have been eyeballing wetsuits myself...I hate logos, color patterns, shazam bolts etc
There's a few, simple black ones out there.
Will prolly breakdown and buy one next month

I have been eyeballing wetsuits myself...I hate logos, color patterns, shazam bolts etc
There's a few, simple black ones out there.
Will prolly breakdown and buy one next month

I don't know if you are in Europe? But Polaris (German brand) has really slick looking all black wetsuits with just a subtle side logo for males. The female version seems to have a bigger logo on the chest. They are backzip though if you don't mind that.
They make anything from 7mm semi-dry to 3mm shorty's in the black version.

They around 200-250 euros in Belgium (probably 240-280 dollars)?

I see a drone being mentioned just a few posts before this; therefore, given the flexibility of this thread and considering: depending on who you ask, an underwater camera can be a diving accessories or equipment.

With that said, Nauticam offeres by far, the best underwater housings for underwater photography. Product is "designed" and "manufactured" in China. Excellent finish, attention to details, far superior than its competitors.

Cheers,
Ricardo

I don't know if you are in Europe? But Polaris (German brand) has really slick looking all black wetsuits with just a subtle side logo for males. The female version seems to have a bigger logo on the chest. They are backzip though if you don't mind that.
They make anything from 7mm semi-dry to 3mm shorty's in the black version.

They around 200-250 euros in Belgium (probably 240-280 dollars)?

I'm in the US
Haven't seen that brand.
I don't mind back zip. My 5mm Henderson is back zip.
The Chinese suits I have seen are <$100 and back zip, 3mm. I have a hooded 2mm vest to add for colder water.
What I would like to do is add yellow seam tape (can't locate though) to a black suit for vintage look, but retain modern wetsuit benefits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom