NEW Suunto EON Core Just Released!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Check it out, gorgeous display, compact size, multiple color options, easy to use menu system, and fully air integrated! How does it get better than that....priced at $999 without the transmitter is how!!

Shipping in a couple weeks when they release inventory, so get yours on order now for one of the first!!

Click to Learn More
EON Core Air Integrated Computer - Dive Right in Scuba

2_eon_core_lime_front_tank_imperial.png

1_eon_core_white_perspective_tank_imperial.png

3_eon_core_black_perspective_tank_imperial.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-18_15-14-22.png
    upload_2017-10-18_15-14-22.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 230
Good question,

Quick and dirty differences
Core has Trimix, CCR, smaller, better battery life, different color options

Not sure where you are getting this info from? The Steel also has Trimix and CCR, and it has better battery life than the Core. Here are the differences:

Weight: The Core weighs in at 5.43oz while the Steel weighs 12.24oz. This is mostly due to the Stainless Steel Case

Case: The Core has a plastic bezel where the Steel is Stainless Steel.

Battery: The core has a battery that lasts 10-20 hours per charge, the Steel is 20-40 hours.

Display: The core uses a Mineral Crystal while the Steel uses Xensation glass from Shott

Depth: The core is rated to 80m, the Steel 150m

Not sure where you are getting this info from? The Steel also has Trimix and CCR, and it has better battery life than the Core. Here are the differences:

Weight: The Core weighs in at 5.43oz while the Steel weighs 12.24oz. This is mostly due to the Stainless Steel Case

Case: The Core has a plastic bezel where the Steel is Stainless Steel.

Battery: The core has a battery that lasts 10-20 hours per charge, the Steel is 20-40 hours.

Display: The core uses a Mineral Crystal while the Steel uses Xensation glass from Shott

Depth: The core is rated to 80m, the Steel 150m

I stand corrected! It's a new product, and they haven't been the fastest at getting us all the info, and obviously we've been given some misinformation too. Thanks for the correction!!! Can't wait to get it instock and really play with it to learn more!

hi,

i have checked the comparison on SUUNTO web and it looks the same. My understanding is the only difference is in used materials, it is lighter, smaller and you can use it upto 80m (instead of 150 with STEEL) as for the rest it is exactly the same .. so the main difference is in design and price tag .. correct?

I've been in the market for a new computer and was leaning towards a perdix AI. I dive sidemount and really like the ability to display 2 tank pressure readings at once. I don't always use the transmitters but I like the option to do so. I wonder if the suunto will come out with a similar feature soon? I was about to order at perdix until I saw this post.....decisions decisions....

I was about to order at perdix until I saw this post.....decisions decisions....

I'm curious...given the unmatched (on ScubaBoard, anyway) strongly positive reputation of Shearwater, maker of the Perdix A.I., what features of the Core make you consider getting it instead? It might be interesting to other people trying to discriminate between options.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom