Buoyancy skills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks a lot! Makes a lot more sense! Was trying to figure out how water would work inside.

I like the way you get them to do the breathing with mask and snorkel first, gives you a good headsup as you say, and let's them get comfortable early on.

Yeah I am also trying to plan with pool etc. I always used to work at a Dive centre and had time and assistants readily available. Now as an independent I have to try and make a plan. Their isn't really budget for any DM's.

We usually do evening sessions during the week for pool and class. If I need to do a weekend session for pool, then it will have to be at another pool. Also further and more expensive I imagine.

Fires,

You are most welcome. So many experienced instructors have helped me, I owe it to them to help others. I think I'm going to create a separate thread on how people structure their OW courses. After all, I said I'd do so for any discussion that goes too OT. :wink:

A couple of things about the exercise described by wetb4....

a. It is important to start with the snorkel only, no mask. This allows you, the instructor, to determine who can isolate their nose/mouth pathways. I found about 15% of people don't do this and it has to then be taught. They all CAN do it, but until they try to breathe underwater without something covering their nose, they don't know it. Some years ago, someone here on ScubaBoard posted some excellent exercises on how to teach a student to be a "mouth breather." My late wife, TSandM here on SB, was the Queen of teaching students how to mouth breathe.

b. Once they've learned to clear a snorkel, breathe in their mouth and out their nose, the CW 1 exercises are a snap.

Thanks Kosta for writing about this -- made me smile.

Thanks Kosta for writing about this -- made me smile.

Peter,

And again, thank you for teaching me this in person.

Kosta

You guys are almost like Canadians...........lol

I see your mountains everyday from work......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom