Scubapro D300/D350/D400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manufacturing dates for SP second stage regs (D-series, AIR 1, and G250, which I am familiar with) are coded in the 8-digit serial numbers. The first 3 digits are the day of the year the reg was manufactured: The next 2 digits are the last 2 digits of the year of manufacture: I don't know the significance of the SN's last 3 digits. For example, D-series Reg SN 25886043 was made on the 258th day of the year 1986. G250 Reg SN 34590005 was made on the 345th day of 1990. With the upgrades/conversions to some D-series regs (300/350 to 400) done in the field after manufacture; you may find a D400 with an earlier production serial number than the 1994-2002 production range, Indicating it has been upgraded/converted.

TJ Moran

Hi,
Just want to confirm a few things. I have a D400 with the CE info stamped on the side of the main housing. From what I have read here, this model D400 is a poor cousin to the earlier D400, D350 and D300 second stages, due to Scubapro trying to meet European standards. I also have a D350.

Can I transplant all the internals of the D350 into the D400 main housing and D400 rubber cover, thereby getting a good breathing D350 but in a better condition main housing and rubber cover?

Are there any pitfalls that I should know about?
cheers
stevet

Can I transplant all the internals of the D350 into the D400 main housing and D400 rubber cover, thereby getting a good breathing D350 but in a better condition main housing and rubber cover?

Are there any pitfalls that I should know about?
cheers
stevet
Yes if the D350 is the latest version you can.
The only upgrade made from late D350 to D400 was the lever thickness, the housing and lever linkage where modified to fit the new thick lever.
Late D400 with CE (European Standards) mark change ones again the lever with groove or notch in both sides and the housing with plastic changeable orifice.

Cheers

Last edited:
For example, D-series Reg SN 25886043 was made on the 258th day of the year 1986. G250 Reg SN 34590005 was made on the 345th day of 1990.

Hi Timothy,

Just as you've indicated, when SP used that numbering system the first three digits are the day of the year- also known as the Julian date, the next two are the year, the last three are the production number of that day. I.e. your D series reg was the forty-third of that model made on September 15, 1986.

Thanks Tim.

Thanks Johnny, always informative.

Johnny
The D350 was really only a short three year run. May I ask what a late model D350 would be?
cheers
stevet

Thanks Tim.

Thanks Johnny, always informative.

Johnny
The D350 was really only a short three year run. May I ask what a late model D350 would be?
cheers
stevet
My D350 and D400 has the same cap/case so I'm not sure, but read some where, that the very first batch of production D350, where made with the same thin cap/case of the D300
Cheers

Can anyone help with these numbers? Scubapro MK5/109. New in box. Never touched water. Numbers on reg and box are: 8909600. Date of manufacture? Thanks in advance!

How many LP ports does it have? The first number is the year, so ‘68, ‘78,’88 etc.
Can anyone help with these numbers? Scubapro MK5/109. New in box. Never touched water. Numbers on reg and box are: 8909600. Date of manufacture? Thanks in advance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom