Seaway Aqua Craft Bangstick and Ammo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sent the drawings to my friend who has a CNC machine and I am looking at case capacities and dimensions. Will let you know when I have one in my hands to test. I may decide to make component kits for self assembly of the ammo down the road and the plastic safety clip if this works as expected. I think Seaway got this right. The fast load design and the explosive power hit the mark. The necessary reloading press is readily available and the dies.

Obviously this doesn't need real marksmanship-class dies, but anything that also means fewer dies, and no custom dies, would be a good idea. The plastic safety clips are a good idea, but I wonder how necessary those really are versus something like a plain blocking pin.

I like the pull pin idea. A blocking pin would put holes on either side of the case after you pull the pin and then the cartridge plunges past the holes to strike the firing pin. After thinking about the plastic clip, it functions because the 30-30 case has a rim. The .308 case doesn't have a rim, use of the the plastic clip requires a rimmed case. Using a pull pin design would allow use of the .308 case, but it would have to be tested to see if the case ruptures and passes gas laterally through those holes when fired.

This is one of the most interesting intriguing threads ever posted on this board.
So much pure information!
Takes me back so many years to my late fathers hobby of wildcatting - the 218 Bee the Zipper and the 22 Mashburn and GOK what else
I eagerly look forward to reading the next post- like turning the page in a good book
Keep the information coming

Sam Miller,111

Maybe, instead of the somewhat arbitrary plug formed by soldering or epoxying the primer hole, you could get better consistency by dropping a small disc of copper shim metal (or anything similar) onto a drop of crazy glue. Copper shim like a burst disc, so it could be counted on to burst at a reliable pressure, regardless of how well the adhesive was holding the edges of it in place.

But first, we need to go borrow a couple of sharks to practice on.(G)

They have become aggressive here, I don't think it will be hard to find one. I will have to break down and buy a go pro finally.

I found this video and this is similar to my experience, this shark is not that big either. Shot with a powerhead twice.

This is a video of what looks like a .223 powerhead fired at a plastic jug.

I'm not impressed.

This video is of a .223 rifle fired under water. Even with the full length barrel there is not a lot of gas generated. This is a high speed video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom