Small Camera, Big Features: SeaLife Micro 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaLife Cameras

Contributor
Reaction score
Capture stunning underwater photos and videos with the permanently sealed, SeaLife Micro 2.0.
Available in two models with WiFi: 32GB or 64GB of internal memory.

Learn more: Micro 2.0 WiFi 64GB | Sealife Cameras

I have one of the 32GB models of this, and really like it, along with one of the SeaDragon lights (1500, I think) and the mounting tray. I am wondering if there is a good solution for putting the camera and light on an extension pole, so I can stay further from my subject than arm's length. I see that SeaLife has a pole for just the camera (uses the tripod socket), but can't find anything pre-made that will work with the camera AND light. Is there anything out there, or do I need to DIY something?

I have one of the 32GB models of this, and really like it, along with one of the SeaDragon lights (1500, I think) and the mounting tray. I am wondering if there is a good solution for putting the camera and light on an extension pole, so I can stay further from my subject than arm's length. I see that SeaLife has a pole for just the camera (uses the tripod socket), but can't find anything pre-made that will work with the camera AND light. Is there anything out there, or do I need to DIY something?

We currently do not offer an adapter for our Sea Dragon light heads to be mounted with the SeaLife AquaPod. However, the Sea Dragon Mini 600, 650 Spot, and 650 Flood can be mounted to the AquaPod. All three Sea Dragon Mini lights include Y-S Adapter and mounts for the SeaLife AquaPod, cold shoe, and GoPro camera.

I am looking to discuss people's preferences for diving with the Sealife Micro 2.0.

Do you turn the light on only when needed? Seems if I leave the camera in external light mode, it makes the far subjects look blue. If I put it on no external light mode, it is great. Feeling like I need to do a lot of switching on and off and mode changes to get all around ideal pics. Anyone have any suggestions on settings?

I would be happy to leave the light on the entire dive and not mess with it. Tried it in murky water in the Puget Sound and was perfect. When used it in Hawaii, I struggled with settings. Any help would be great as I have a trip to Cozumel next month. Please send me to another thread if this is not the place! Thanks!

I only turn the light on when I'm shooting up close. It's not strong enough for anything at any distance, and wastes battery power.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom