Long Layover Manado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
We are traveling DPS to SOQ and looks like we will have a long layover in Manado. Most of the time we have done this trip, we had a long layover in Makassar and stayed at IBIS. But Garuda does not have that flight the day we are going (Dec 1 - 2).

Any suggestions for a hotel for a short night? Flight arrives 22:30, next day departure is 05:30.

Thanks,

Bill

Another vote for the Novotel in Manado. We have stayed there 3 times now on our way to Sorong and Halmahera. The price has definitely increased over the past 3 years, but it is still very inexpensive. It is close to the airport, about 15 minutes with some traffic. Definitely make sure to pre-arrange your taxi back to the airport the night prior at the front desk of the hotel for your early morning flight.

Good thing about the Novotel it's close enough to the airport you can forget your laptop, realize this while waiting in the boarding room, still go back to the hotel in a rush and catch your flight.

Yes, that happened to me.

Extend the layover for a couple of days, and take the opportunity to visit and dive with Siladen, Ana and Miguel are SB members, and the diving is awesome!

:wink:

Extend the layover for a couple of days, and take the opportunity to visit and dive with Siladen, Ana and Miguel are SB members, and the diving is awesome!

:wink:

Oh, that's where Ana & Miguel from Portugal are hiding now. I knew them for the first time in 2009 where they were in Wakatobi Resort, then in Lembeh Resort in 2013. Please say hi from me whenever you all see them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom