7 Ways to Dive Like A Modern Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure if this is meant to be a joke or not... But then I'm British and sometimes my humour is different to some on here.

"Count your dives... Show off your accomplishments". I can't think of anything worst.

I'm not sure if this is meant to be a joke or not... But then I'm British and sometimes my humour is different to some on here.

"Count your dives... Show off your accomplishments". I can't think of anything worst.

Lol, I read your comment before I saw the video, first image is was the mignon and I after that until half the video I though this was a parody but I guess this video is genuine.
And tbh it's not even that bad, these days on the internet you don't succeed easily if you're keeping a low profile, you should advertise yourself and your business, holiday divers are probably more attracted to people /businesses that "brag" than the ones keeping a low profile. Tech diving might be the opposite, mouth 2 mouth is probably more important than marketing yourself on the internet because tech is more community-based and are totally different divers..

Definitely a infomercial......

I've decided it must be a parody

Oh, it's definitely not a parody. But to be fair, it's Deep Blu's promo video for their new computer and the main selling point (besides a price of around $300...) is the bluetooth connectivity and their website/social media system. The computer can automatically upload your dives through their app on a smartphone (i.e. dive computer > smartphone > Deep Blu website). The idea is that you can share your dive log effortlessly in a Facebook-like way. And you collect "dive buddies" in their system the way that you collect "friends" on Facebook.

That's why the video is so big on "tell everyone about how awesome you are!" The computer looks pretty nice, especially for that price. Time will tell how divers respond to the rest.

Like Strava but for diving?

So, imagine if your dive computer automatically posted on ScubaBoard....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom