Underwater Vehicle Training Prop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Resqdivemedic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I saw the video from Miami Dade dive rescue team on the ERDI blog and really liked the prop they used in the pool to simulate victim rescue from a submerged vehicle. Funny thing is that my team has been talking about getting a car and stripping it to use for training, until I saw this. I ended up making it. Haven't tried it out yet, we have a drill with it soon. The way it works is a manikin is placed in the wooden seat and strapped in, we are using old backboard straps. The diver enters the pipe from the opposite end, locates the victim and cuts the belt. The victim is pulled back through the pipe and taken to the surface. I like it because a lot of variables can be thrown in like blacked out mask and maybe entanglement. He are some photos of the finished prop. Thanks Miami Dade, great idea!

IMG_1029.JPG IMG_1031.JPG

That is a cool idea. We're fortunate enough to have a Buick submerged in our training pond. It's getting old, though and starting to fall apart. This might be a good alternative for replacing it

Thx for sharing.

A great Idea, we are going to look into experimenting with one

Back
Top Bottom