Thermaxx poor stitching quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just got a pair of Thermaxx 3mm and after a week in Bonaire the thread is coming off from all the cuffs.
Also when rinsing the suit at the end of the dives,saw water gushing out of the seams in the crotch, I would've expected a better seal on the seams. It may be comfortable but the quality is very poor.

Attachments

• 20170425_151656.jpg
    20170425_151656.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 20170425_151707.jpg
    20170425_151707.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 210
I am waiting to hear from the dealer before I contact the manufacturer although there is no excuse for such a poor job.
Pls.see the difference in stitching quality between another wetsuit that my daughter used, big big difference.

Attachments

• 20170425_151752.jpg
    20170425_151752.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 200
I am waiting to hear from the dealer before I contact the manufacturer although there is no excuse for such a poor job.
Pls.see the difference in stitching quality between another wetsuit that my daughter used, big big difference.

Could be a bad batch. I have had a Thermaxx 5mm since they first came out...200+ dives and the stitching is fine. Since it is a Thermaxx, it was likely purchased from a dive shop rather than online. There should be a "No questions asked" response to the poor quality from the store. It is a pain to have to use the warranty, but Henderson stands behind it in my experience.

Henderson has great customer service, i had an aqualock suit for 2.5 years and 300+ dives the stiching on inner seal on left ankle came apart, whenni called to see if there's any warranty, they told me to send the suit in, less than a week later i had a brand new suit, they didnt fix the old, faded and beat up one, they just replaced mine with a brand new suit

No need to go through your dealer. Henderson welcome direct contact with customers. They have a support form on their website. Try it- their customer support is awesome.

thank you for the replies gents.
I really enjoyed putting it on...

Just got a pair of Thermaxx 3mm and after a week in Bonaire the thread is coming off from all the cuffs.
Also when rinsing the suit at the end of the dives,saw water gushing out of the seams in the crotch,
I had exactly the same problem with a Henderson Polyolefin Jumpsuit. Polyolefin Jumpsuit Warranty The response from Henderson was disappointing, but hopefully you will do better.

Just an update to my complaints above:
The customer support through the distributor in Canada was amazing. I received a brand new suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom