Shopping for a used compressor.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c2h5oh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am trying to get my hands on a second hand Bauer, posedon, or RIX compressor unit. Other than Ebay where should I be looking to find a used unit?

ideally for $1000-1500

My first personal compressor was found on craigslist. It did not need much work, but ended up being too small for what I ended up needing/wanting. Compressor #2 was a government surplus Rix that was cheap, but needed some work/parts to get running/pumping. I was very patient in search of the Rix, and have less than $1,000 into it, but it was 2 years from the time I knew I wanted it, until I got one.
Finding one at your price point is possible, but is definitely the exception. I do on occasion see some of the bigger 3 phase compressors for sale on craigslist. Most were from a fire dept that upgraded, and sold it at the local municipal auction, and the new owner is trying to flip it and pocket some money.
What size are you looking for?

I am trying to get my hands on a second hand Bauer, posedon, or RIX compressor unit. Other than Ebay where should I be looking to find a used unit?

ideally for $1000-1500

Ethyl,

Find a fire supply company. As firehouses upgrade compressors to handle the newer SCBA units, lightly-used compressors can be had cheap from some.

I would do a google search for breathing air compressor service in your area. They usually have some rebuilt or repaired ones at a decent deal.

If you don't have any luck there try Stallion air out of North Carolina. They always take really great care of me and my compressors. Also if you are in pretty good with your local scuba store they may have some ideas for where you could look locally and who services their compressor.

B

Back
Top Bottom