Jibacoa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving_Parrot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We are looking at a trip in December. I'm aware the snorkeling is good as long as the man of wars aren't in but haven't researched the diving yet. Anyone have some experience they would like to share? Thanks.

Diving in Jibacoa it's nice, and if you staying there it's good choice, it used to be a diving center there at Brezees Jibacoa but honestly Im not sure they are still open since the last time I dived there was a couple a years ago. We have Beautiful places to dive in Varadero you will need to get to there first and then we can definitely help you organize a great diving tour by boat to Reef or wrecks depending of what's yours plan, just write us and let us know what are you thinking about doing. Atlantis Varadero
scubaatlantisvaradero@gmail.com

We stayed at the AI resort, Villas Jibacoa, in 2011. There was an onsite dive op. We did many dives with them, including my 3 children to get OW certified. For all of the dives, 6 of us (2 DM, one stay on peddle boat) went out on two peddle boats. There were actually enough dive sites we could get to on those peddle boats.

The dives were better than those in Varadero. I dove in Varadero in 2003, and we went there again earlier this year.

At Jibacoa, I did also go next door to Breezes to ask about their dive op. They had a boat, but could not take my children while they were completing the OW certification. I could sign up with them myself as I was certified, but they could not guarantee me space, as the priority is for their resort guests. So I didn't sign up to go out with them. As such, I cannot comment on dive sites you can get to by boat. But those sites we peddled to, were quite decent. Those sites would also not get a lot of traffic. There are only 2 AI resorts there.

We would not go back to Villas Jibocoa though. The accommodation in villa rooms were ok, facility ok. It was a 3* but in Cuba that means the food is not very good. I did not see them clean or change the placemats in the dining room for the entire week. In fact, my middle son and I got sick for 2 days close to the end. The Breezes is apparently much better, but as a 4* resort would be more expensive. If they still have a dive op, I'd give them a try.

Back
Top Bottom