Thinking of pulling the trigger on an Oceanic GEO 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flycaster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Any good or bad to be aired on this wrist computer?
Let me hear it.

Thanks in advance.

I had a Geo 1 and Geo 2.0 before switching to a Shearwater and enjoyed the computers. My only issue isn't really a big one, but their strap extender left a little bit to be desired when diving locally with thick exposure protection, but that's the price to pay for a low profile watch style computer.

O own a Geo 2 and I am very happy.

I don't think you can go wrong with one. They are kind of old tech though, been out a while. I have had mine 1.5 years and have 80 dives on it, battery still good. I have seen a lot of guides using the

I had a Geo 1 and Geo 2.0 before switching to a Shearwater and enjoyed the computers. My only issue isn't really a big one, but their strap extender left a little bit to be desired when diving locally with thick exposure protection, but that's the price to pay for a low profile watch style computer.

Replace the stock strap with one of these:

NITROX-17

It will fit over a drysuit with thick undergarments. And it will make it so that if a strap pin breaks, your computer doesn't fall off your arm.

I have this strap on both my watch style computers. It is great!

Do it. I like my Geo the more I use it. That being said, I'm upgrading to a Perdix over the winter for the much easier to see display.

I like Oceanic computers a lot. I have a Geo and the only thing that annoys me is they insist on counting seconds on the main time screen instead of a full day/date display. Other than that I am a little concerned with continued support under the new ownership.

I've had mine for several years and I've been very happy with it. It took a little while to grok how the buttons are used to scroll through menus but once I got that it was easy to use and dependable (and fits my tiny wrist)

I've had the Geo 2.0 for several years and really like it. Easy to read, battery life is good, good adjustment for conservatism, from liberal to very conservative (not political) and small enough to wear as a watch during a surface interval.

Replace the stock strap with one of these:

NITROX-17

It will fit over a drysuit with thick undergarments. And it will make it so that if a strap pin breaks, your computer doesn't fall off your arm.

I have this strap on both my watch style computers. It is great!
20mm?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom