Commute from North Side to downtown for diving - problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael_J

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

Three of us will be staying at Playa Azul on the North Side in December for 6 days of diving, but we're looking to dive with a downtown operator. Will this be a huge inconvenience? What's the most reliable way to get downtown and back for diving every day?

Thanks!
Michael

Done it for years. The only issue I've every had is finding an early breakfast up north. Taxis are usually around, if not the hotel will call for you and one will be there in minutes.

We usually rent a car also. If this is your 1st time in Coz I'd stick with taxis (probably cheaper anyway). Parking downtown can be a pain but we like to go to lots of places to eat and our dive ops is in the Caleta. I think there are advantages to rent from locals like Margarita @ ISIS who can help if something happens. We prefer older cars verses brand new b/c dings happen easily in the crowded parking areas. Don't skip the insurance unless your willing to pay big $$ in cash if something happens.

We always rent a car! The past few trips we used a dive op that left from Caleta. Its an easy drive south. We like having a car to go out to lunch, dinner and explore. There are plenty of lots in town for parking at a very small cost. We always use Rentadora Isis, I like their stick shift hard top beetles for $35 a day with insurance.

Or dive with Aldora and leave from Villa Aldora.... worth taking a look.

Safe travels,
Jay

+1 for car rental (ISIS) and driving to Caleta. Parking downtown is a pain, but the drive N -> Caleta is easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom