Olympus 9-18mm in in N85 140mm Optical Glass Fisheye Port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andreni

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there

I just had the opportunity to by a used fisheye lumix g 3.5 lens with the N85 140mm Optical Glass Fisheye Port. I was now wondering if I can use my wide angle lens from Olympus 9-18mm in the same port. I tested it on land and it looks fine. But maybe somebody used this combination under water and can tell me about their experience..

I'm heading to Triton Bay in a few weeks and hope to reduce my camera gear at least a little bit. I can't walk around naked even if it's a remote island ;-)...

Tipps are most welcome!

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Andreni

Hi Andreni
The curvature of the glass on the N85 140mm Optical Glass Fisheye Port will be to big. The 9-18mm lens will not focus correctly, this lens requires a port with much less curvature.

Thanks a lot Jeff! I wasn't sure because on land it seems to work...

How about using the Nauticam 4'33 with an additional ring for the wide-angle Panasonic lens 9-18mm? Would this work?

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom