Bauer Junior / P21 ; Fittings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KD8NPB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know what size the fittings are for the aftercooler outlet, and the inlet & outlet for the P21?

I imagine they're metric, but I'm not sure what size.

I'd like to duplicate the "Yachting" model and add a coalescer and maybe another small tower (AA or 13X) before the P21.

I figured it out.

Inlet fitting for the P21 / P0 is 1/4 BSP (british parallel thread w/ o-ring).

I removed the fitting from the filter housing, and put it back on the hardline without the filter in place.

Then, I attached a 1/4 BSP-F to 1/4 MNPT fitting.

From there, I have:
Double NPT female check valve
1/4 NPT to #4 JIC Parker hose whip
#4 JIC to 1/4 MNPT elbow
1/4 MNPT street tee w/ gauge (pre-coalescer)
Parker JN1A coalescer w/ 4CN cartridge (99.995% efficiency)
1/4 MNPT street tee w/ gauge (post-coalescer)
1/4 NPT to #4 JIC Parker hose whip
#4 JIC to 1/4 BSP-M
Bauer P21 / P0 filter

This setup addresses some of the shortcomings of the water P21 / P0 filter. The filter can now be kept with positive pressure in it, so that will help extend filter life. Coalescing will take place outside of the P21 filter housing, so filter life should be substantially extended.

I'm using an OEM Bauer filter (MS13X/AC/HOP version). I'll weigh it once a while so I can figure out filter life. If this extends it to a 1 year change interval, I'll be a happy guy!

Hey that is a good find. I have never seen that coalescer before. Where did you find it and what was the damage?

Hey that is a good find. I have never seen that coalescer before. Where did you find it and what was the damage?

$65 on eBay

Parker advertises it for breathing air if used with 10CN, 4CN, then adsorbent media.

4CN is the finest grade they offer (0.01 micron), so I'm a little worried as to how fast the filter will clog.

It's a synthetic glass fiber like media? Not sintered bronze like you usually see.

Works great!

36905811500_0388269b0b.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom