Anyone used Turquoise Bay Resort, Roatan Honduras?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

david.w.johnson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been trying to book and confirm a room for November. The number they provide on their website for US use seems to go to a couple of women on their cell phones who tell me there are no rooms or they are unable to make reservations. They just tell me to send an email to the hotel...who then tells me there are rooms and to use the online booking system. The online booking system does not give me the advertised rate and does not provide confirmation. Follow-up email to the reservations email doesn't help or goes un-answered.

I reserved flights after making the booking and being told a confirmation would follow. However, I have lost faith in this crew.

Has anyone been there before and able to confirm they are a respectable business (if unorganized)? Have a better means of communicating with them, a name, or other suggestions?

Thanks!

David

Last edited:
I'd walk away now and book with either CCV or AKR.....if it's an issue to book now imagine how bad this could end up if you push it?

We were there in November and loved everything about it. The in house dive op, Subway, is one of the best I have ever dove with. The boats were like new and the best dive boats I have been on. I posted a full review in the Roatan forum.

The group we went with last year just got back last week from this years trip and had nothing but positive things to say about their trip again. It looks like it will become an annual trip and we will try to go next year, either with them, or in April on our own.

I'm not sure what's going on with the booking system. We had a bit of a problem with our rooms but they more than made up for it. They also regularly run buy one, the next is half priced, specials.

Good luck,
Jay

Hello! Subway Watersports here, Turquoise Bay's onsite dive center. I just wanted to chip in that Turquoise Bay apologizes for the mix-up in communication concerning your reservation. Your reservation has been in place since the first communication you had with them, but mistakenly a step was missed in the process when they didn't provide you with a confirmation and request for a deposit. They have sent you a follow up e-mail this morning and we hope to see you down here soon!

Thanks, Subway. Problems happen. Responding to them quickly goes a long way toward a good experience.

I look forward to meeting you folks in November.

David

I never handled the booking with them (someone else did) but the diving and acomodations were great and the price was good.

Thanks for the responses! Knowing people have been there and had good experiences really helps. I already booked the flights, so I was concerned about having a place when I arrived.

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom