Mac dive log software with Android app

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vinsanity

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know a good diving log app that runs on a Mac and can syncs with an Android counterpart. Ideally it would do it using Dropbox or similar rather than a cloud subscription. It also needs to support Aqualung's i200.

I've seen lots of good things to say about MacDive, which has i200 support in their beta, but they only support iOS apps. Subsurface seems like it would hit the spot, but it doesn't have i200 support and the user forum is silent on the question of when they might be adding it.

Other thoughts?

This isn't a good answer, but I am a Mac laptop/desktop and Android phone user...

I'm happy enough using my computer alone for a few days, then uploading dives to macdive at the end. Honestly though, 99% of my diving these days is local, 1 or 2 dives then home. So laptop at home without being able to immediately log my dives for a few hours seems a workable model, at least for me.

Another option might be a used iPad, I've seen factory refurbished ones for < $200 and newer ones on Craigslist for about the same?

There wasdone recen discussion about downloading from i200 mother subsurface mailing list. Iirc the upshot was that with a bit of tweaking it works.

The most current dev version of Subsurface on macOS does have i200 support, as mentioned by @DoubleAA

It is done by cloud, which is free, not by dropbox. The android app is currently undergoing a massive re-do, so I'd say it's definitely something to consider.

Back
Top Bottom