Scubapro D300/D350/D400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I rarely use a manometer and do not own a magnehelic gauge, and I've been servicing D series regs for over a decade. One nice thing about the D series is their position stability with regards to case geometry fault. So you don't need to worry that a too-lightly-set 2nd stage will start free flowing in some diving positions. I set my D300s just shy of free flow with an IP of about 130-135 and leave it at that. I used to be more interested in the specific cracking effort measurement, but now I just trust my perception of how they breathe.

I rarely use a manometer and do not own a magnehelic gauge, and I've been servicing D series regs for over a decade. One nice thing about the D series is their position stability with regards to case geometry fault. So you don't need to worry that a too-lightly-set 2nd stage will start free flowing in some diving positions. I set my D300s just shy of free flow with an IP of about 130-135 and leave it at that. I used to be more interested in the specific cracking effort measurement, but now I just trust my perception of how they breathe.
Same experience you don't need to adjust at pick performance to feel it, that they breath smooth and more natural that any second stage on the market

The last two G250s I overhauled I didn't check cracking just adjusted shy of free flow and took them for a dive, my primary was set a little too light so after the dive turned in the orifice a fraction and that was that. It seems with a 109/156/G250/D series and Conshelfs a mag is not really needed as adjust the same and after the first dive just re adjust if required. Where they are cracking is more out of curiosity than necessity it appears. My diving buddies do look impressed when I get the gauge out though haha, like a pro. I guess they are useful if having an issue or checking other people's unknown regs.

Hi, I am trying to determine the manufacture date range for the various D series regs.

On the scubapro website time line I see the D300 was manufacturered between 1986 to 1990.

Can anyone help me with the following:
D300 1986 to 1990
D350
D400

With the D400 when was the poppet changed?

Whilst we are at it: When was the Mk10 and Mk20 manufacture date ranges
cheers
stevet

wow Johnny that was super quick. Thanks.

Maybe another question. On the side of some D400 photos I see CE0098 and EN250 printed. This is just above where the LP hose connects to the D400. May I ask what this means and does it point to when the D400 was made. I am wondering if this helps determin if it was an earlier D400 or later D400.
cheers
stevet

wow Johnny that was super quick. Thanks.

Maybe another question. On the side of some D400 photos I see CE0098 and EN250 printed. This is just above where the LP hose connects to the D400. May I ask what this means and does it point to when the D400 was made. I am wondering if this helps determin if it was an earlier D400 or later D400.
cheers
stevet
That is the late production 2000-2002 and indicated Standard European Union Certified that's way the made the changes.

Greetings all,

This is my first post (that I remember anyway). Just serviced two of my "D" series second stages this weekend. I've been diving them for years, but have always had someone else service them. Thanks for all of the help/advice. I've pulled most of what I read on servicing these and put it into a word file I'm attaching. Most everything I have here is from DA Aquamaster - thanks again. I have added one personal tip. Pulling the purge cover off is a real pain. I finally made it easier by using homemade wet suit lube. 25% hair conditioner/75% water in a squirt bottle. Squirt a bit into each of the two exhaust ports, wiggle the port around a bit to get it all slippery, then tug it off. Also, I found one of my plastic aspirators was cracked. Fixed it with a bit of super glue and the covered the repair with a tiny touch of 3M-5200. Works fine. File is attached below. Thanks.

Attachments

• Scubapro D400 Service Tips.docx
    18.7 KB · Views: 362
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom