Any Wellington divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetPup

Weedy Sea Dragon
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So, I'm going to be relocating to Wellington for work next month, and I'm trying to suss out the local diving scene. Anyone in the area who can suggest a good local dive shop?

As I'm moving to NZ from the tropics, I'm obviously also going to need to find more appropriate exposure protection, so if anyone can recommend a good place to get a drysuit it would be appreciated!

Sorry I know this is a bit late. I'm not sure of the dive shops in Wellywood, but if you make it to Auckland and you are looking for something more NZ temperature appropriate, have a look in at Global Dive. They have a good range of stuff that isn't stocked by most other dive shops in NZ. They also have more a tech dive focus rather than spearo/ hunter-gather like a lot of shops here.

My dive gear is currently in a shipping container somewhere between Sydney and Wellington. This was more just for research for when my stuff arrives. Got a plan to dive up around Poor Knights at some stage, so might drop in at that dive shop along the way.

Thanks for the advice :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom