BigBlue Battery questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

how many of the single slot chargers do you travel with? It's about the same size and weight as 3 of them. Since all of your batteries have to be carried on anyway, I usually just throw the charger in that bag

I carry one charger for the two lights and spare battery. Even if I did carry two, it is much easier to find nooks and crannies to fit the smaller chargers than the one big one.

The Opus charger/tester looks good, but no way I could travel with that - weight and size are prohibitive with all the other "stuff" I carry.

Funny. I don't carry my Opus charger when I travel... because it's too small. :) And I don't expect to need to test batteries during a trip.

I carry an 8 slot charger that can charge up to 8 26650s (or 32650s, I think, but I don't have any of those) simultaneously. With flashlights and camera strobes, I could potentially have 10 batteries to recharge at the end of a day's diving (plus camera batteries, which require their own charger). Usually, though, either 8 strobe batteries OR a flashlight battery or 2. I don't like having to wait on batteries to charge, then do a swap to get more batteries in the charger before I can go to bed. And I don't like having to set them to charge really fast. One big charger, charging at 0.5 amps, to charge all my batteries at once and if I don't remember to start them charging until bedtime, it's not a problem.

Gyrfalcon-8. $55 on MtnElectronics.

Enova GYRFALCON ALL-88 8x Li-Ion + NiMH Charger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom