PFO-An open letter of thanks to George Irvine (long)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have Kaiser insurance in Northern California. We've had good experiences with them...they generally have proven to be pretty proactive.

Anyway, my Dr. really knows very little (almost nothing) about diving, and its effects on my PFO. I did a lot of research and brought about 50 pages of research with me today (both about the effects of diving on a PFO, and also some of the repair options). It was really good that I did. After talking with her about what I'd discovered, and what the treatment options might be, she told me Kaiser doesn't have any experience with the proceedure, and agreed to send me out to whomever I wanted to go to. She is looking into University of California San Francisco.

DD, who did you have do your proceedure? How much experience did they have?

Saturation, (or anyone else), have any ideas who might be the best for this surgery? I don't mind traveling...

Thanks,
Ryan

Mine was done at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, MI. The doctor was William O'neil. He's the chief of cardiology at that hospital. He's been doing the implants since their inception. He does something like 5-10 per week, I believe. If you wish to consider him, I'd be happy to get his phone number for you.

Hootis:
I have Kaiser insurance in Northern California. We've had good experiences with them...they generally have proven to be pretty proactive.

Anyway, my Dr. really knows very little (almost nothing) about diving, and its effects on my PFO. I did a lot of research and brought about 50 pages of research with me today (both about the effects of diving on a PFO, and also some of the repair options). It was really good that I did. After talking with her about what I'd discovered, and what the treatment options might be, she told me Kaiser doesn't have any experience with the proceedure, and agreed to send me out to whomever I wanted to go to. She is looking into University of California San Francisco.

DD, who did you have do your proceedure? How much experience did they have?

Saturation, (or anyone else), have any ideas who might be the best for this surgery? I don't mind traveling...

Thanks,
Ryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom