day 2, MOLASSES REEF, saturday, 8/12/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Tim,

Gorgeous photos of the Eagle Rays, all 3. The color photos really show the what their heads and faces look like. I just got back from Roatan where I saw as many as 14 Eagle Rays in a dive, but not as close and personal as your shots.

Interesting that both Reef Sharks have a hook and line attached. Is one of these included in some of your previous photos?

Good diving, Craig

Hi Tim,

Gorgeous photos of the Eagle Rays, all 3. The color photos really show the what their heads and faces look like. I just got back from Roatan where I saw as many as 14 Eagle Rays in a dive, but not as close and personal as your shots.

Interesting that both Reef Sharks have a hook and line attached. Is one of these included in some of your previous photos?

Good diving, Craig
Thank you Craig. Yes, we see several reef sharks regularly, and I am sure I have images of this one from other dives. Most of the reef sharks we see have hooks in them, and a lot of the nurse sharks and barracuda, too.

thanks for sharing your terrific images.....sad that hooks are becoming the norm.

thanks for sharing your terrific images.....sad that hooks are becoming the norm.
Thank you iamrushman. Well, when we dive in a tourist-driven area dominated by commercial, charter and sport fishing... We never even used to see reef sharks at all (first several years I was here, never saw one on Molasses Reef, now we see them on nearly every dive in certain places on the reef, so I will take that as a good sign for the food chain).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom