Hello from Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hiya! You will have a great time up at Gilboa. I have been there for OW and AOW and it has been fantastic times. The quarry owner can be a bit eccentric tho.

Hiya! You will have a great time up at Gilboa. I have been there for OW and AOW and it has been fantastic times. The quarry owner can be a bit eccentric tho.

I have heard the owner is quite "eccentric"! Of course some are quoted as calling him an... Being new here I wont spell it out!

I have heard the owner is quite "eccentric"! Of course some are quoted as calling him an... Being new here I wont spell it out!

Drive SLOW. I'm not kidding! Driving fast will get you kicked out.

Calling the Gilboa owner a grumpy old man might be the most polite way of referring to him.

+1

I was trying to be polite about it. Maybe his mother didn't hug him enough when he was growing up. Or someone put the wrong kind of liquid in his Wheaties. Any number of possibilities ya know.

My car looks like it's going fast, even when it's going slow. Maybe I'll carpool with someone else.

Mike seems to be pretty scarce lately. He's also had two of his cats get killed this year, which sucks for anyone who's been a regular up there. :-(

Follow the rules, and you'll have a good time. Break the rules or be stupid, and yeah, you're going to get called out on it. Personally I've had to dodge speeders around the blind turns multiple times while walking tanks to get fills.

Have heard more issues about a certain dive shop brazenly stealing gear then the owner incorrectly calling out people for breaking the rules.

Hi, diving Gilboa is great diving! Great easy entries to the water and lots of fun stuff to see underwater. If you're adventurous, purchase fish food and you will make a lot of friends :)

Hello Sparky! I too am from Ohio (Cleveland) and just got my open water cert. Congrats to you and the wife (and your 3 friends) on becoming divers. I did my OW dives at White Star Quarry in Gibsonburg, Ohio. I would be interested in knowing what you thought of Gilboa quarry. Diving season is almost over in Ohio and I was hoping to get back to the quarry in the next few weeks. Have a great day!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom