Kona diving - Jack's or Big Island Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just know that I have lived here for 15 years and have been impressed with Big Island Divers and Kona Honu Divers. Sounds like you can't go wrong.

It is a long drive to Puako, but I think it is worthwhile to get around the island. If you go,www.puakodivecompany.com. They lead shore dives in Puako. It helps having a local in terms of getting in and out and where to go. You'll want hard soled booties. It's a rocky beach.

As far as the boat operators go, Jacks, Big Island Divers and Kona Honu all have good reputations. Jack's is the biggest and oldest. I've used at least 5 different operators over the years and enjoyed them all. I don't think there is a bad operator on the island.

Another vote for Big Island divers, great shop.
They gave us a lot of information only a local would know, maps, where to park, where to eat. Really nice people. I did not do the blackwater dive, from what I've been told it's not to be missed. I guess I will have go back.
I liked Puako. What it misses in coral it makes up for with cool lava tube / swim throughs, lots of turtles.

Back
Top Bottom