Looking for dive buddy in Kauai around August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medicmatt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy.

I will be traveling to Kauai, HI in August (or possibly July). As I don't know one there, I am in need of a dive buddy for a few dives, but I don't wanna drop $150 or more for some DM to take me on a tour. I dove there once before in 2005, but didn't make any lasting friendships. ;-)

If you are willing to dive with me, please hit me up. Message me so we can touch base and get comfortable before I fly out there. (I figure you'd wanna know i'm a safe and responsible diver before making the plunge.)
I have been diving since 2005 and am fairly experienced (I was also a paramedic for 15 years, if that helps). My Open Water was through PADI and my Master Diver is through NAUI.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 0495968-R1-033-15.jpg
    0495968-R1-033-15.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 92
Aloha,
This isn't all that unusual of a request. If you'd like to send me a message or call when you arrive I'd be happy to put the word out a little with any of the divers that are diving with us the time you are here. I completely get the desire to save some cash and hook up with someone to dive. I did the same things years ago when I was visiting Hawaii. Outside of diving - if I can help you and your family/group out with anything (info,suggestions, etc.) just let me know. Summer is pretty amazing here and there are countless awesome trips to take. If you have the chance to get to Niihau while visiting it is generally considered some of the very best diving in Hawaii.

Good luck and feel free to reach out if I can help at all
A

Aloha,
This isn't all that unusual of a request. If you'd like to send me a message or call when you arrive I'd be happy to put the word out a little with any of the divers that are diving with us the time you are here. I completely get the desire to save some cash and hook up with someone to dive. I did the same things years ago when I was visiting Hawaii. Outside of diving - if I can help you and your family/group out with anything (info,suggestions, etc.) just let me know. Summer is pretty amazing here and there are countless awesome trips to take. If you have the chance to get to Niihau while visiting it is generally considered some of the very best diving in Hawaii.

A

Thank you, AquamanKauai!
If possible, it would be great if I could get in touch with someone before I get there so I can plan it out. My email is mattgabler@gmail.com. Thanks again!

Matt

Hi Matt,

If you're still looking for a dive buddy, I'll be visiting Kauai at the end of July/early August and would love to do some shore dives.

Or if anyone else is out there - hope we can be in touch.

Mahalo!

Aloha,

A

I am in Lihue this week, would love to meetup with someone. Mcarr67@gmail.com

I am in Lihue this week, would love to meetup with someone. Mcarr67@gmail.com
Hi Viperz28, sorry to miss your message, just got in to Kauai and back to sweet, sweet internet connection. If you're still around in Kauai and want to shore dive (or anyone else), feel free to shoot me a PM. Aloha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom