Editing software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used pinnacle for years until it was bought out by corel. Recently I switched to Adobe Premier Elements. One thing I learned the hard way is that sometimes you need to turn hardware acceleration OFF. In my case the video drivers were just flakey enough that hardware accel ON meant Premier = crash. Turning it off fixed that.

You might want to look at your workstation regarding the crashes. I've been using premiere for years on several workstations. I often leave it running for days on end while I complete a project. Crashes have been rare for me.

its been crashy in my experience since version 5 across a large variety of hardware, both quadro and firegl boards. i just have that effect on electronics, if they can break, they will break when i use them. about the only common thread is that its usually been on dual socket boards with xeons or pentium pros. likely some wonkey corner case in the driver stack of one of the media devices on the rig. #firstworldproblems i guess.

I've been using Vegas Pro, but just now testing out the free trial of Power Director 15 and can understand why it wins so many tests. It is also leveraging hardware acceleration really well if you have a decent graphics card (I have a fairly ok Geforce 970 4GB and preview, effects and rendering was fast).

Back
Top Bottom