PADI Rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey guys

I'm planning on doing my PADI RESCUE certification next month and whilst I've read all the "blurb" I was wondering if someone could tell me what exactly is covered in the 2days as I'd like to get as prepped as possible.

Thanks

Hi,

If you are not EFR certified or equivalent within the past 24 months you will have to take that class with it to get the certification. That might be another few hours on a separate day.

As for the 2 days, you will have 1 confined water day and 1 open water day.

These will include tired diver tows, panicked diver rescue, responding to a diver in distress from out of the water, distressed diver underwater, locating a missing diver, surfacing unresponsive diver, rescue breaths for an unresponsive diver at the surface, and removing the unresponsive diver from the water. You'll also have to do some CPR (on a dummy). It's an exhausting class (physically) so if you're at the gym once in a while, step it up and get the cardio/endurance going! :)

I completed the open water part of mine at Capernwray Quarry earlier this month and was exhausted by the end of the day, it was a great course but I wish I'd been a little bit fitter for it.
There were a lot of groups of students in the water on the day (funny how it always gets busier when the weather's nice) so the vis wasn't great. Keeping an eye on the group and finding a missing diver in 2 metre vis was certainly challenging!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom