Scubapro seawings... advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi

First post so go easy on me :) I'm newly qualitifyed and starting to build my own kit up and my first purchase are some fins

I really like the seawings but I'm wondering what is the best size to get and what make boots are best, I'm a UK 12 any suggestions?

Thanks
Stephen

I had those, x-large... (size 13 US) they gave me leg cramps over time. I'd feel cramps more so when I was on my back, kicking..... You're results my vary....

The bottom of my feet, and back of my legs would crap. I switched to twin jet max's and no cramps since.

If you can, jump in a pool and use them for an extended amount of time do it! If you can rent a pair, do it. Get something that is comfortable! Your instructors may also be a great resource! good luck.

My advise is to buy them both from the same dealer and try them on. I love my Seawing Novas and my scuba pro boots have 450 dives on them and are still in good shape.
I am sure you will get other recommendations, lots of good fins out there but buying good fins to start with is a good idea.

Thanks for advice guys!

I really like the "look" of the seawings and my OW instructor had them "he was a scubapro fan" wouldn't use anything else despite us students being stuck in aqua lung kit... did the job but the fins where crap :(

I'll take a look at the twin max! Also any other suggestions you have for good solid kit please let me know because I o my want to buy once and have kit that lasts me a while/lifetime "subject to wear and tear"

Thanks

Ideally is to find the booties that fit properly and are comfortable. Next fit the fin to your foot/bootie. The later is the easy part.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom