Fusion One, convert latex seals to dry glove system and adding pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whysocold

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I purchased a used Fusion One that needs the seals replaced. Rather than replacing the seals with the same latex seals that come from the factory, is there a dry glove/replaceable seal system that I can add myself?

I would also like pockets on the suit. My LDS thinks that I could glue pockets to the skin without problem, but I think that will cause the skin to sag under the weight of full pockets. I'm considering gluing the pockets to the skin, but on the other side of the skin, adding velcro and then also gluing velcro to the bag so that the pockets are supported by both layers of fabric. Has anyone tried this? Is there a better way of adding pockets?

DRIS has some pullover gloves that work with absolutely fantastically with the antares ring system on our fusion suits, but im not sure if the fusion one has those cuff rings or not. could easily use em in the standard press fit retainers in lieu of the wrist seals, but could see some pretty terrible failure modes doing that. not something i'd like to find out at 80' in 42f water.

we actually like the highland / xs scuba neoprene pull over shorts better overall than even the tech skin on our fusions. used em on top of our tech skins multiple times without issue.

The fusion one does not have rings. I'm wondering if I can install them.

Do you have a link or part number for the shorts that you like?

You can install these on the Fusion One. I have them on my Fusion and they are great. They allow you to use latex or silicone seals and then you can use the cheap pull over gloves for a "dry glove" solution.

Si Tech Permanent Wrist Rings for Replaceable Seals | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

Pullover Rubber Gloves for Dry Glove System - Dive Right in Scuba

Thanks. Is there anything that is compatible to make the neck seal field-replaceable?

@AlexL @Trailboss123 do you find that the shorts slide down when loaded with gear on the surface? How about underwater? I've had similar products slide down during the dive which is… irritating.

Last edited:
For the pockets, an easy fix is to attach Velcro to the inside of the skin (on the back side of the pocket) and to the suit core. That stops the droopy pockets.

For the pockets, an easy fix is to attach Velcro to the inside of the skin (on the back side of the pocket) and to the suit core. That stops the droopy pockets.

That's what I was thinking. Have you done this? Do you know what adhesive would work on the bag/suit core?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom