Carpre Vita? Carpe Novo? Emperor Serenity? Scubaspa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NZAnna

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

I started a thread a few days back about doing a liveaboard late October 28/29th till early November and am now looking for any recommendations or reviews from anyone has opinions on the above boats.

Carpe Vita is on the North Male - Ari - Vaavu - South Male route
Capre Novo: NORTH MALE - BAA - RAA - BAA - RASDHOO - ARI - NORTH MALE
Serenity and Scubaspa are both Best of Maldives I think.

I am hoping for whale shark sightings but also not doing too many quick descents into strong current - I have equalising issues!

They are all similar in price - not the cheapest options, but I think I like the idea of a bit of luxury...or at least value for money. I also like the possibility of being about to snorkel if I did have to sit out of some high current dives.

Thanks!

My wife and I were on the Serenity this past April for the first time. This was our sixth liveaboard trip, and the Serenity Yacht is the top of the line. We loved the boat and the diving!
There's no guarantee for seeing whale sharks, but we did have an encounter. My wife says it was some of the best diving she's done, and can't wait to go back.

Diving in the Maldives is current diving. Some of the strongest current that I've experienced to date was in the Maldives.

Hi @NZAnna!

Happy to give any insights about the Explorer vessels for your Maldives trip :)

The Carpe Novo Explorer (CNEX) itinerary is a northern one and there won’t be much current. CNEX offers 3 dives a day (not 4).

The Carpe Vita Explorer (CVEX) itinerary is mostly easy diving but there is channel diving in Vaavu. CVEX offers 4 dives a day.

Both boats will be able to offer you snorkeling on most dives if you decide to sit the dive out. If the snorkeling is not good where the divers go into the water then after the divers are in, they can take you to a nearby reef.

Both itineraries will offer the opportunity for whale sharks, although, of course, there's no way to guarantee they will be there.

I find this link helpful too if you click on the Seasons:
Maldives Itineraries and Pricing - Explorer Ventures

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom