Service pt53 controls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaalblake

Contributor
Reaction score
so I get a leak on my Olympus pt053 whenever I use video.....which makes me think the control orings need replacing. Whilst I wash the housing after every dive and main back oring has been replaced. Luckily the tg1 is waterproof so a little doesn't kill it....yet. Control orings have never been replaced so probably time. I am factory trained reg service technician so am confortable with disassembly, lube etc. It's not worth the labour to get an old housing serviced by anyone so I'll do it myself.

Two questions
1. Where can I find the specs for the control orings
2. Where can I buy those orings
I understand they're all Japanese sizes...? Not metric, not imperial, not US.

Try taking the O ring out of the housing and take it to an O ring supplier for measurement. I did the same in Australia a number of years ago and the supplier ordered me the Japanese Metric O Rings (from Japan - it took two weeks) for all the controls on the Olympus Compact housings of that era (PT-015, PT-020, PT-027 etc..) and they were perfect fit and I successfully serviced many housings with these O rings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom