Wetsuit Ripped

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba737

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I purchased a scuba pro wetsuit from scuba.com and the second time I wore It ripped right at one of the seems. I had scuba.com send it back for warranty service and scuba pro denied the claim and wanted $75 to fix it. The suit was brand new and only worn 2 times. Am i missing something here, luckily scuba.com gave me a refund and I will buy another suit but probably a different brand.

You should ask the seller, scuba.com, why the claim was denied by SCUBAPRO. It shouldn't be a secret to you. I'm a SCUBAPRO dealer and have never had any issues with them accepting returns & making replacements for suit tears. I know you state that you only wore the suit twice - but how long was this after you originally purchased the product? SCUBAPRO's warranty is to the original purchaser for a period of not less than twelve months from the date of purchase. Wetsuits may be a two year warranty - depending upon the model suit. They are good wetsuits - particularly the Everflex. Sorry you had a bad experience.

You should ask the seller, scuba.com, why the claim was denied by SCUBAPRO. It shouldn't be a secret to you. I'm a SCUBAPRO dealer and have never had any issues with them accepting returns & making replacements for suit tears. I know you state that you only wore the suit twice - but how long was this after you originally purchased the product? SCUBAPRO's warranty is to the original purchaser for a period of not less than twelve months from the date of purchase. Wetsuits may be a two year warranty - depending upon the model suit. They are good wetsuits - particularly the Everflex. Sorry you had a bad experience.
I purchased the wetsuit 90 days before the rip occurred. I asked scuba.com why they would not honor the warranty and they said that they had no idea but would refund me the purchase amount. I let it go after I received my refund

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom