Dromedary Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djshaw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everyone!

I have an unused MSR Dromedary lying around. I've heard that people have made wings out of the in the past--I'm told that some of the first sidemount wings were made with them. I thought it would be a fun project to create one myself.

I bought an old inflater from my LDS. I made a hole in my dromedary cap and installed my hose as depicted in . I expect that I'm not as good as Mr Hertsens because there's a leak between my inflater and the dromedary cap. I'm going to go back to the LDS to see if I can get a larger o-ring/washer.

Rather than cut holes, I'd rather find an adapter (or series of adapters) to connect the dromedary to the inflater. I've been unable to determine the thread pitch of any of the threads. Is there any documentation that details the threading of dromedaries or inflater hosts?

Thanks!

I haven't thought that far ahead. I want to get the wing water tight first.

Dive Gear Express has the parts you'll probably need. Start with a flange assembly and add an elbow and hose as needed. I think I noticed in your video that you are using the butterfly seal incorrectly. That seal (split seal) goes partly inside the bladder and partly outside the bladder.
1. Install the inner flange fitting into the bladder.
2. Install the butterfly seal.
3. Screw the outer flange fitting onto the inner fitting.
4. Then the outer flange seal and elbow fitting.

BCD Parts and Components | Dive Gear Express®

I just found this video that shows how it is done:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom