Tech classes near Southern Pines,NC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatic Safaris is located in Wilmington and they do tech training. They have a really good instructor with them, Kelsey Kelly, but I'm not sure if she teaches the tech courses or not.

She got 2 first names??
Ricky Bobby!

I believe there is some diving out of Wilmington but I'm not sure to what extent. You'd have to coordinate with a shop and still may end up having to travel a bit to whatever shop you end up using unless you can find an instructor that is willing to do your course close to the dive site. Jocassee would be about 3.5-4 hours from you however there is a state park there if you don't mind camping.

Are there any tech instructors in Wilmington or Myrtle Beach?
I'd like to take advanced nitro,deco and get comfortable with doing tech dives before I head to Florida to try Cave classes.

there probably are but it's where you can get deep enough to get into deco without a massive boat trip and the risk of getting blown out.

In cave diving, you won't be allowed to do deco even if certified until you get to full cave so probably better to go down there and do your intro to tec/cavern/intro first and then do an/dp in cave country which is a lot easier conditions wise.

Thanks,tbone! I think we'll start looking at doing some stuff in Florida this fall.
Where do you teach?
I'm going to Greenville this week for a dog show.

Talk to Air Hogs Scuba in Clayton. Several instructors can teach what you want.

Anthony

Thanks,tbone! I think we'll start looking at doing some stuff in Florida this fall.
Where do you teach?
I'm going to Greenville this week for a dog show.

I don't teach outside of a university setting unfortunately. If you're out in Greenville and want to grab a beer and talk about any of this in person let me know.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom